Trend Micro Cloud App Security™
Advanced threat and data protection for Office 365 and cloud file-sharing services
As you adopt cloud-based enterprise applications such as Microsoft® Office 365™, Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive, you need to be more vigilant about security than ever. While these applications are delivered in a secure manner, you share the responsibility to secure the content that passes through them.
What are the risks?
- 79% of ransomware attacks and over 90% of targeted attacks start with email
- Ransomware families grew 752% and cost businesses $1 billion in 2016
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks cost an average of $132,000 per incident
- Remote workers, partners, and customers may unknowingly share malicious files using cloud file sharing services
- The security included with Office 365 (E3 and below) is designed to detect known malware but over 90% of malware is unknown!
The potential costs are too high to accept baseline security that only protects against a small portion of threats.
Trend Micro Cloud App Security™ enables you to embrace the efficiency of cloud services while maintaining security. It protects incoming and internal Office 365 email from advanced malware and other threats, and enforces compliance on other cloud file-sharing services, including Box, Dropbox®, Google Drive, SharePoint® Online, and OneDrive® for Business.
Cloud App Security integrates directly with Office 365 and other services using APIs, maintaining all user functionality without rerouting email traffic or setting up a web proxy.
Protects Office 365 email from phishing and advanced malware
- Uses multiple patternless techniques, including sandbox analysis to find unknown threats.
- Uses artificial intelligence to examine email intention and attack indicators to identify Business
Email Compromise (BEC) attacks. More stringent protection can be set up for high-profile users.
- Finds malware hidden in common Office file formats and PDF documents with the unique document-exploit detection engine.
- Blocks emails with malicious URLs before delivery and re-analyzes URLs in real time when a user clicks on one.
- Combines pre-execution machine learning, anti-malware, heuristics, and dynamic analysis using award winning4 sandboxing to detect ransomware and other zero-day malware. Sandbox analysis uses multiple operating systems and extensive anti-evasion technology.
- Protects internal email and allows manual scan to uncover attacks already in progress.
Enforces compliance for cloud file-sharing services
- Provides DLP and advanced malware protection for Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, SharePointOnline, and OneDrive for Business.
- Enables consistent DLP policies across multiple cloud-based applications.
- Discovers compliance data in existing stored files and email by scanning databases.
- Simplifies setup with more than 240 pre-built compliance templates, user/group policies, and support for Microsoft Rights Management services.
Communicate and collaborate more confidently in the cloud
Enhance the security of Office 365 and other cloud services by leveraging sandbox malware analysis for ransomware, BEC, and other advanced threats. The security included with Office 365 filters known antivirus threats, but 90% of today’s malware will only infect one device and is unknown to traditional antivirus techniques.
Protect cloud file sharing from threats and data loss
- Controls sensitive data usage: Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive uses over 200 pre-built and customizable compliance templates to control sharing of controlled data.
- Protects file sharing from malware: Scans files shared from remote workers, partners, and mobile devices to ensure threats don’t migrate through cloud file sharing services.
Simple integration preserves all functionality
- Direct cloud-to-cloud integration: Uses API’s to enhance protection without complications.
- Sets up quickly and automatically: API integration requires no software to install, no user setting changes, no proxy to deploy, and no MX record to change.
- No loss of functionality: Preserves all user and administrative features and functions.
- Protects Office 365 email and other cloud file-sharing services
- In the last two years, stopped six million high-risk threats that weren’t caught by Microsoft
- Detects ransomware and other malware hidden in Office file formats or PDF documents
- Identifies Business Email Compromise attacks using artificial intelligence
- Protects internal email and allows on-demand scan for mailstore
- Gives visibility into sensitive data use with cloud file-sharing services
- Preserves all user functionality, on any device, with simple API integration
Want more? Cloud App Security is included with:
Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Complete Suite This connected, multilayered enterprise security suite protects your users and their data regardless of what device they use or where they are working. The Smart Protection Complete Suite combines the broadest range of endpoint and mobile threat protection capabilities with multiple layers of email, collaboration, and gateway security.
Cloud App Security is also part of Trend Micro Smart Protection for Office 365—the only third-party solution that provides complete threat protection for Office 365 against phishing, BEC, ransomware, internal email risks, and file sharing risks. Powered by XGen™ security, it uses the optimum blend of cross-generational threat defense techniques including machine learning, sandbox analysis, and more.
Worry-Free Services Advanced a cloud-based, enterprise-grade security designed specifically for small businesses